Subject: Issue with lynx --source and gopher menus with h gophertype

From: Zachary Lee Andrews <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 29 Aug 2020 22:30:40

Greetings to all,

I have noticed that lynx2.9.0dev.5 when converting a gopher menu to HTML 
(e.g. by using `lynx --source gopher://gopher.zcrayfish.soy/1/irc') when 
a gophertype h is encountered and an hyperlink/anchor is generated for 
said type h resource... If the directory delimiter used is the file 
path part of the URL is '/' (as-is typical for most machines these days),
the first one will be omitted in the HTML output.

Here's an example URL:
gopher://gopher.zcrayfish.soy/1/irc/lynxtest2

In my example I included a gophertype h file repeated three times with 
commonly used directory delimiters: forwardslash (/), backslash (\), and 
colon (:), like so:

hsixel.5.html	/irc/lynxtest2/sixel.5.html	gopher.zcrayfish.soy	70
hsixel.5.html	\irc\lynxtest2\sixel.5.html	gopher.zcrayfish.soy	70
hsixel.5.html	:irc:lynxtest2:sixel.5.html	gopher.zcrayfish.soy	70

lynx --source converts the gopher menu to this:

(HTML) <A HREF="//gopher.zcrayfish.soy:70/hirc/lynxtest2/sixel.5.html"
TITLE="sixel.5.html">sixel.5.html</A>
(HTML) <A
HREF="//gopher.zcrayfish.soy:70/h%5circ%5clynxtest2%5csixel.5.html"
TITLE="sixel.5.html">sixel.5.html</A>
(HTML) <A 
HREF="//gopher.zcrayfish.soy:70/h%3airc%3alynxtest2%3asixel.5.html"
TITLE="sixel.5.html">sixel.5.html</A>

In the first example, lynx omits the first / delimiter from the anchor.
It does as expected when \ or : is used.

Thanks,
Zachary L. Andrews