Subject: Notebooks!
From: [email-masked]
To: everyone.everywhere.all.at.once
Date: Thu, 11 Mar 2021 13:32:05

Notebooks!
==========

Basically I use the [Get It Done Guy's approach][master system], when it comes
to my physical notebook.

I used to be *awful* with notebooks - carrying around 2 or 3 and swapping back
and forth. I've discovered that I love a dotted grid A5. It allows me precision
if I need to draw graph-ish things, or to ignore the dots when I want to sketch
artsy things. Or only use them in one direction if I want to write. A5 is just
the right size for me to hold with one hand and write in with my other. I like
the webnotebooks because that gives an envelope in the back for storing
reciepts & things. I use Rhodia notebooks now because I love the paper for my
fountain pens. But use whatever you want!

So now I carry one notebook that uses a table of contents and threading.

The table of contents might look something like this:

> Plans for World Domination    p1, p3-5, p9, p45
> TODO                          p2, p7, p42
> Desk Plans                    p6

I number each page, and then I use threading on the individual pages.
So the bottom of page 1 will have something like this:

        .
        |\
    +---' \
    |      \
    | 3     >
    |      /
    +---, /
        |/
        '

Meanwhile, the top of page 3 will have a left-pointing arrow with `<=1=` on it.

Eventually I'll get around to transcribing my entries into [digital
format][waynes-wiki]

It's nothing fancy, but it works well!

-W

---

[master system]: https://www.quickanddirtytips.com/productivity/organization/get-even-more-organized-with-a-table-of-contents
[waynes-wiki]: gopher://gopher.waynewerner.com/ideas/waynes-wiki.md