Subject: TSU NOTIFICATION - Encryption (Info-ZIP zcrypt.zip)

From: Greg Roelofs <newt (at) pobox.com>
Date: Tue, 17 Jun 2003 08:26:50 -0700

SUBMISSION TYPE:       TSU
   SUBMITTED BY:          Greg Roelofs
   SUBMITTED FOR:         the Info-ZIP group (an informal, Internet-based
                          collection of software developers with the contact
                          address given in next item)
   POINT OF CONTACT:      Zip-Bugs (at) lists.wku.edu
   PHONE and/or FAX:      n/a
   MANUFACTURER:          n/a
   PRODUCT NAME/MODEL #:  zcrypt
   ECCN:                  5D002

   NOTIFICATION:

	ftp://ftp.info-zip.org/pub/infozip/src/zcrypt.zip

FURTHER COMMENTS:

(1) This notice is being sent in order to ensure that we may legally
    take advantage of the 6 June 2002 amendment to 740.13 regarding
    "corresponding object code."  The encryption code in question is
    unchanged since our original notification of 9 April 2000, appended
    below and also reproduced within the above zcrypt.zip archive.
    (Indeed, there has been no change to the core encryption/decryption
    code in well over five years.)

(2) The (larger) source archives for Zip, UnZip, MacZip, WiZ, and
    potentially other packages, currently available in the same ftp
    directory given above, also contain (or may contain) copies of
    the same zcrypt source code.

(3) ftp.info-zip.org currently points to a site in Germany, so techni-
    cally it is not involved in "US export" in any direct way.  However,
    we encourage other sites to "mirror" our software, and some of these
    mirror sites may be US-based (and therefore involved in reexport of
    the code in question).  In addition, some Info-ZIP members reside in
    the US, and www.info-zip.org currently points to a site in Kentucky.

ORIGINAL NOTIFICATION: